Twilight Tower Defense Open Development - Week #9
Progress on Twilight Tower Defense was a little bit slow this week since I had to focus a bit on Super Jumpy Ball which is launching on Nintendo Switch on Friday 🎉 As always if you like this game and the concept head over to the Discord Server and give me a hand with features, feedback and ideas that I can add to the game.
What have I been up to this week?
I've focused on improving the construction of Towers during this week. There is still a number of improvements left but it's a big leap forward compared with the previous version. There is a new version that you can play on itch, this is what's new in it.
Improved construction of Towers
There is now a UI showing how much a Tower will cost before you build it. And there is also the ability change change Tower. A bit of juice has been added with a nice "thump" animation when you place Towers and suitable sound effect. The Tower indicates in red when you cannot place it, if there is a tower already in that space or if you simply can't afford it. Behind the scenes there was a plenty of work so support this with data structures to support many different Towers in the future.
I've made some decisions which influences the controls in the game. With gamepad X is now the "Cancel" button. So if you start to build a Tower with B you can cancel it with X. The Y button is now the pickup weapon button. On Keyboard I changed the E button to be the pickup weapon button.
Detailed change log v0.1.8
* New Tower: Wood palisade Tower.
* Improved: Tower placement, towers get red when they cannot be placed. Added Particle + sound effect + shake effect when Towers are placed.
* New feature: Ability to cycle towers.
* Improved: Ability to cancel construction of Tower.
* Improved: Show cost when building Tower.
* Improved: If you have too little money to build a Tower then flash the color of the cost of a Tower, and play denied sound effect.
* Improved: If you press B a Tower will appear even if you can't afford it.
* Improved: Bow Tower shows a ! when it's out of ammo.
* Improved: Changed weapon pickup to Y on gamepad and E on keyboard.
Super Jumpy Ball
This week on Friday, Super Jumpy Ball, is launching on Switch 🎉 You can buy it with a 10% pre-order discount here.
Get Twilight Tower Defense
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.